Vertebral Subluxations

Subluxations diagnosis and treatment in Santa Fe

Maybe you’ve never heard of subluxations. That’s OK. There probably was a time when you’d never heard of AIDS or Alzheimer’s. You have more than 200 bones in your body. Wherever two bones come together at a joint, proper motion and articulation are necessary. Whenever these joints get stuck and don’t articulate smoothly this creates a problem that is not self-correcting and can have serious effects.

When joints aren’t moving correctly, they can irritate or chafe delicate nerves. This can interfere with the vital “life force” transmitted over your nervous system that helps keep your brain in touch with your body. The result is the vertebral/extremity subluxation complex, or more simply, a subluxation.

More than bones and nerves are involved. Muscles can become too tight or too weak. Discs, ligaments and other connective tissues can become inflamed. Subluxations throughout the entire body can often be mistakenly diagnosed as some form of “itis” such as tendonitis, bursitis, neuritis, myositis, capsulitis or arthritis.

Dr. Short is very skilled at the detection, correction and prevention of spinal and extremity subluxations.

How do you get subluxations?

There are three basic causes of subluxations. Physical causes include slips and falls, accidents, repetitive motions and improper lifting. Stress, anger and fear are examples of emotional causes of subluxations. Alcohol, drugs, pollution and poor diet can be chemical causes of subluxations.

How do I know if I have a subluxation?

You can have subluxations and not even know it. Like tooth decay or cancer, subluxations can be present long before any warning signs appear. 18% of all nerve fibers in the human body are designed to produce pain when that specific nerve is being pinched. The remainder 82% are not designed to produce pain when a nerve is being pinched, which means you could have a subluxation in your body and not even realize it. There is no charge to see Dr. Short so that he can determine if this is the cause of your symptom(s).

Can children get subluxations?

Your first subluxation can occur from the birth process. Even “modern” childbirth methods can put tremendous pressure on an infant’s spine. Poor appetite, unexplained crying and sleeplessness can be signs of subluxations.

More Blog Posts

Voted One of America's Top Chiropractors by Consumers' Research Council of America