What to look for when choosing the best Santa Fe, NM Chiropractor
- Check reviews. Not everyone has a five star rating and that’s OK. It’s tough to please everyone, all the time. Unfortunately, some of the negative reviews you’ll see are not even legit. Take a look at the bigger picture. If there are any negative reviews, do they seem out of context with the positive reviews? How many of the reviews consist of a rating but no review? Ratings with no reviews should be regarded as questionable. Do the positive reviews seem genuine or do they consist of a few words such as: Great adjustment! Does the chiropractor have multiple reviews from various well-known and respected sources? Sites such as Healthgrades, Healthline and Sharecare are all duplicates under different names and may show multiple ratings with no reviews.
- Make a few phone calls. Ask about appointment availability, fees, treatment method and any other questions you may have.
- If doing a search for best chiropractor near you, keep in mind they may not be the best one for you.
At this point, you will likely have one or only a few candidates. Here are some tips to look for in your initial and subsequent encounters with the chiropractor.
- Does your chiropractor appear eager to help you get better as quickly as possible and answer all your questions?
- Do you feel comfortable with your new chiropractor?
- When effective treatment is given, most patients will see significant improvement within the first couple weeks of care and often even sooner.
- Is treatment physically comfortable? Occasionally there may be some minor treatment soreness or even increase in symptoms after a treatment. This should not last more than a day or so, and improvement should be obvious with continued care.
The following may be warning signs:
- Unnecessary repeat x-ray studies.
- No improvement or even worsening that does not result in a referral elsewhere.
- Pre-sold treatment packages.
- Pressure to sign up for an extended treatment program that spans over the course of weeks to months.
Most importantly, your new Santa Fe, NM chiropractor should be willing to refer you to another Santa Fe healthcare provider if chiropractic treatment is not producing positive results in a timely fashion and be honest enough on the initial visit let you know whether or not you are truly a candidate for chiropractic care.