What to look for when choosing the best Santa Fe, NM Chiropractor
- Check reviews. Not everyone has a five star rating and that’s OK. It’s tough to please everyone, all the time. Unfortunately, some of the negative reviews you’ll see are not even legit. Take a look at the bigger picture. If there are any negative reviews, do they seem out of context with the positive reviews? How many of the reviews consist of a rating but no review? When you see a rating with no review, check the quality of this person's other reviews. Do the positive reviews seem to be genuine or do they consist of a few words such as: Great adjustment! Does the chiropractor have multiple reviews from various well-known and respected sources?
- Make a few phone calls. Ask about appointment availability, fees, treatment method and any other questions you may have.
At this point, you will likely have one or only a few candidates. Here are some tips to look for in your initial and subsequent encounters with the chiropractor.
- Did your chiropractor provide sufficient time for you on the first visit and have they done so on subsequent visits?
- Does he or she appear eager to help you get better as quickly as possible and answer all your questions?
- Do you feel comfortable with your new chiropractor?
- When effective treatment is given, most patients will see significant improvement within the first couple weeks of care and often even sooner.
- Is treatment physically comfortable? Occasionally there may be some minor treatment soreness or even increase in symptoms after a treatment. This should not last more than a day or so, and improvement should be obvious with continued care.
The following may be warning signs:
- Unnecessary repeat x-ray studies.
- No improvement or even worsening that does not result in a referral elsewhere.
- Pressure to sign up for an extended treatment program that spans over the course of weeks to months.
Most importantly, your new Santa Fe, NM chiropractor should be willing to refer you to another Santa Fe healthcare provider if chiropractic treatment is not producing positive results in a timely fashion and be honest enough on the initial visit let you know whether or not you are truly a candidate for chiropractic care.